Analisis faktor-faktor resiko pemicu kekambuhan asma

Agustina, Wiwik ORCID: (2023) Analisis faktor-faktor resiko pemicu kekambuhan asma. Research Report. Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Kesehatan Kendedes Malang, Malang. (Submitted)

[img] Text
Restricted to Repository staff only

Download (605kB) | Request a copy


Background: Asthma in the world has shown an increase in the last few decades, it is estimated that the incidence will increase to 400,000,000 people in 2025. Until the end of 2020, the number of asthma sufferers in Indonesia was 4.5 percent of the total population of Indonesia or more than 12 million people.

Methods: The aim of this research is to analyze the factors that most often trigger asthma attacks. This research used a correlative descriptive design, with a population of all asthma patients, the sample was taken by purposive sampling and obtained 30 respondents.

Results: Linear logistic analysis shows that 73% of the causes of asthma recurrence are dust, cigarette smoke, cold air, family/hereditary history of disease, obesity, pollen, animal dander, seafood, eggs/nuts, mushrooms and cow's milk, the remaining 27% are trigger risk factors. Asthma recurrence was caused by other than the 11 factors studied. The three main factors that trigger asthma attacks are dust (87%), cigarette smoke (83%), and cold air (73%).

Conclusion: Recurrence of asthma is due to a condition of hypersensitivity, where allergens trigger an increase in Ig E, one of which is bronchoconstriction which triggers asthma recurrence. Thus, every asthma sufferer must recognize their respective allergens so that preventive measures will be easier to carry out and asthma recurrence attacks can be avoided.

Item Type: Research (Research Report)
Keywords: risk factors; asthma
Subjects: 11 MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES > 1199 Other Medical and Health Sciences
Divisions: Faculty of Mathematics and Sciences > Department of Biology
Depositing User: Wiwik Agustina
Date Deposited: 25 Jan 2024 09:33


Downloads per month over past year

Origin of downloads

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item