Performance evaluation of housing contractor by applying the principles of environmentally friendly infrastructure

Sedayu, Agung and Mangkoedihardjo, Sarwoko (2018) Performance evaluation of housing contractor by applying the principles of environmentally friendly infrastructure. International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, 9 (4). pp. 1014-1022. ISSN 0976-6308

[img]
Preview
Text (full text)
2539.pdf - Published Version
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial No Derivatives.

Download (380kB) | Preview
Full text available at: http://www.iaeme.com/ijciet/index.asp

Abstract

Contractor performance is very influential in determining the quality of construction project. Many factors cause the problem of construction projects in Indonesia. One of the most influential issues is the contractor's management system and services to the customers or users. Contractor management and service systems have a significant effect on the contractor's performance. This study aims to evaluate the quality of contractor performance in the procurement of housing construction projects. The performance evaluation of contractors refers to the Green Building principles, which has become an essential issue at the moment regarding the application of environmentally friendly buildings. The object of research is housing project in Jember East Java Indonesia. The method used is multiple linear regression analysis by analyzing the level of user satisfaction on contractor performance. The level of comfort is referred to as the voice of user which is the consumer who bought the house in the project. Most of the physical implementation of the plan considers a lot of technical aspects without including a perception that contains the needs and user satisfaction of the physical work. The research results obtained seven contractor performance variables that need to be evaluated include Assurance, Responsibility and Reliability, Functional Performance, Aesthetics, Easiness, Durability, and Environmentally and Eco-friendly. The result of analysis gets the influence of seven performance factor which represented by the value of R Square = 0.964, meaning the variation of house procurement performance by the contractor can be explained by regression equation equal to 96.4% while the remaining equal to 3.6% explained by other factors outside model equation. The value R = 0.982 means that the influence of the seven performance factors is powerful. These results can be recommended in the 1014 evaluation and improvement of contractor performance in housing procurement projects.

Item Type: Journal Article
Keywords: Contractor; Green building; Performance
Subjects: 12 BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND DESIGN > 1201 Architecture > 120101 Architectural Design > 12010103 Green Architecture
12 BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND DESIGN > 1201 Architecture > 120111 Architecture of Residential and Related Buildings > 12011101 Conventional Housing
Divisions: Faculty of Technology > Department of Architecture
Depositing User: Heni Kurnia Ningsih
Date Deposited: 24 May 2018 08:54

Downloads

Downloads per month over past year

Origin of downloads

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item